Beautiful souls. I hope you are well and that your coffee is strong and that your holidays are going well.
Let’s be clear. If you aren’t focusing on boosting your immune function on a daily basis let’s start today.
I am going to start a series of emails based on boosting immune function.
This mornings email is based on the power of bone broth.
Before you turn your nose and start to make excuses allow me to enlighten you:
- The stuff in the store tastes gross I agree
- Make your own!!!!
- Crock pot it
- Strain it and sip it when cravings occur
- Don’t strain it and eat all of it!
- Rich in amino acids which are the building blocks of the immune system
- Amino acids regulate the immune system and are needed to produce antibodies that fight infection
- Some amino acids have antiviral properties
- Can reduce inflammation
- Protect the brain and nerves
- Repair damaged tissues
- It is a super food
Chicken Bone Broth Soup Recipe:
1 whole chicken (organic if possible)
3 celery diced
3 carrots diced
2 leeks sliced
1 1/2 c green beans fresh
1-2 red potatoes diced
1 zucchini diced
1/2 c fresh basil
1 Tbsp sage
2 bay leaves
64 ounces broth or water
Dash salt + pepper
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- Place chicken in a crock pot + sage + bay leaf + salt + pepper
- Cover with water
- Cook on high for 8 hours
- Remove chicken and let cool
- In a soup pan sauté all of the chopped vegetables with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Place a strainer over the top of the soup pan and strain the bone broth directly into the vegetable mixture.
- Add chopped basil
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Debone the chicken.
A large bowl is just fine and that might be 2 cups
Add 2-3 oz of chicken which is palm of hand.