I decided to roll out Meal Prep ideas today instead of Sunday. Why? Because I am meal prepping tonight for the weekend. I am also teaming up with my son to introduce him to meal prep. I am offering two recipes. One Vegan. Son based.
Keep in mind that meal prep is about what you will eat!! I like to prepare for 3 days not 5 or 7.
Meal Prep Vegan
Sesame Kale Glow Bowl
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 cups torn kale leaves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (Optional)
- Step 1Bring 2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 2Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; saute red onion until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, broccoli, tempeh, and garlic; saute until kale is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Step 3Whisk sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons water, tamari, lime juice, Dijon mustard, ginger, black pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl; pour over kale mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 4Spoon quinoa into serving bowls and top with kale mixture.
Sesame oil can be substituted for the coconut oil, if desired. Soy sauce can replace tamari.
434 calories; protein 21.6g; carbohydrates 56.7g; fat 16g; sodium 794.4mg.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I skip quinoa but you don’t have to.
Meal Prep: 23 year old male.
2 pounds of chicken breast
6-8 red potatoes
3 cans green beans
- Slice chicken breast in half.
- Season with garlic salt, sea salt, pepper,
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Preheat oven 400
- Wash red potatoes cold water
- Dice them into 1 “ squares
- Put them into a bowl
- Add 1 packet of ranch dressing dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Place both baking sheets into the oven.
- Cook chicken 25 minutes
- Cook potatoes 35-45 minutes
Let chicken and potatoes cool.
Get meal prep containers.
Place 2 pieces of chicken + 1 cup potatoes + 1/2 – 1 cup green beans
Add Primal Kitchen Sugar Free BBQ sauce.
Online Course Soul Nutrition Weight Loss Through Healing of the Inner Child Hypnosis starts April 4th
Book appointments for restart or follow up medication refills here