Meal Prep Friday!
This recipe is so amazing that it might not make it past the weekend! It is Tik Tok inspired by @hungryhappens – https://hungryhappens.net/easy-spicy-salmon-bowls/
It contains white rice. White rice has been given a bad wrap. Here are the benefits of white rice vs brown rice:
- Less calories than brown 205 vs 248
- Lower in carb content 28g vs 52g
- Higher protein 4g vs 3g
- Less fat .4g vs 2g
For the Prep:
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 2 tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 pounds salmon
- salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder,paprika, dried oregano to taste
- 1/4 cu sesame oil
- 1/2 c olive oil mayo
- 2 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Cook your rice according to package instructions
- To warm rice add unseasoned rice vinegar and salt
- Cut salmon into 1.5 inch chunks.
- Season salmon
- In a large skillet working with 2 batches at a time
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add half salmon mixture and cook 3-4 minutes per side turning gently.
- Transfer salmon paper towel and repeat second batch
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 large carrot juliened
- 3 cucumbers sliced
- 1 nori sheet sliced thin strips
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
In meal prep containers add 1 c rice and have fun stacking the rest!
Continue to schedule your appointments whether in clinic or tele health here:
Continue to order online here:
We are still in clinic until May 1st then tele weight loss journey begins!