This is one of the trendiest diets out there. Experts rank this one as the No 1 healthiest diet. It is more of a flexible way of eating.
- Reduction of heart disease
- Protect against cancer
- Prevent and manage diabetes
- Reduces inflammation
- Saves planet by replacing meat with plant based proteins
- Fresh Produce: tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, pears, citrus, apples and berries
- Lean protein: chickpeas, cannellini beans, chicken breast, eggs
- Fatty fish: salmon, mackerel
- Healthy fats: olive oil, avocados
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Whole grains: quinoa, bulgur, farro, whole wheat pastas and flat breads
- Herbs and seasonings: fresh parsley, basil, mint, rosemary, garlic, cinnamon and saffron
- 15 oz chickpeas canned, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Dash paprika
- 5 1/2 c low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cups dried quinoa
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 6 soft boiled eggs
- 2 cups greens
- For chickpeas, preheat oven to 450. In a medium bowl combine chickpeas + 3 Tbsp. olive oil + 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper + paprika. Spread into a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- In a saucepan bring broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Return to boiling, and reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper. Grill on medium heat for 12-15 minutes. Remove from grill and slice.
- Dressing combine 1/2 c olive oil + lime zest + lime juice + dash of salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- To serve combine 1/2 c quinoa + 2-3 oz chicken breast ( palm of hand) + 1 egg + 1/4 avocado + 1/2 cup chickpeas + greens + drizzle with dressing.
- Makes six servings.
Continue to book telehealth appointments for medication refills: https://www.nevadaweightlosswellness.com/
To accelerate your weight loss journey book your hypnotherapy appointment here: https://www.nevadaweightlosswellness.com/hypnotherapy/
My next upcoming online course will be in October: An Introduction to Hypnosis for Weight Loss. Stay tuned. It will be on zoom. Once a week. 4 weeks.
Great Love to you all.