Easy Swaps To Go Mediterranean
- Instead of rice: service up whole grain quinoa or farro. Portion control:1/2 c – 1c
- Instead of sautéing vegetables in butter cook with olive oil
- Instead of sour cream based tip. Try Greek Yogurt based tzatziki.
- Instead of a beef burger try a salmon patty.
- Instead of snacking on potato chips. Search for lightly salted or unsalted nuts.
This Greek Flat Bread Pizza is the perfect quick and easy vegetarian dinner for a busy weeknight! My 5 Minute Flatbread crust creates a crispy, crunchy base that is topped with homemade spinach pesto, mozzarella, feta, artichoke hearts, red onion, grape tomatoes, and black olives.
- 2 flatbread crusts (homemade or storebought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup spinach pesto
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Make my quick and easy flatbread recipe and par-bake as instructed. Or purchase two store-bought flatbread crusts.
- Brush both crusts with olive oil.
- Divide pesto evenly between the crusts, spreading it in an even layer.
- Divide shredded cheese between the two crusts.
- Add tomatoes, onion, black olives, artichoke hearts, feta, and oregano along with a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and arugula and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 617.4 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.8 mg
For the recipe for the flat bread dough here is the link: https://midwestfoodieblog.com/flatbread-pizza-dough-5-minutes-no-yeast/
Exercise 30 minutes a day + Hydration + Meal Prep Lunch + Stop eating when you are satisfied with food + Stay away from Starbucks + Snack healthy + Sleep well + Smile more + Cry when you need to + Gratitude + Light Dinner
Great Love To you All